Become an EB Perinatal Educator
Esali Birth Perinatal Educator (EBPE) - Apply Today!
Individual trained to provide education surrounding the perinatal (pregnancy, childbirth, & postpartum) experience. Education involves prenatal routines and conditions, physical and emotional health, birth philosophy, labor expectations, birth partner support, positive birth choices and techniques, postpartum care and expectations, newborn care, and breastfeeding education and support.
Cost: $700 – Current sale of $500 will last until the end of 2011
Application into the program is required and all fees are due at the time of applying. If you are not accepted into the program (rare), your fees will be refunded in full; however, after acceptance into the program all fees are non-refundable. Fees include almost everything needed to complete the training in a distance-learning environment. The only additional costs that may be incurred are for reading/video material if you do not have access to a lending library. However, this is a perfect opportunity for you to start your own lending library for your classes.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. There is only one path available to become an Esali Birth Perinatal Educator. Esali Birth Perinatal Educators are not required to have medical backgrounds, previous education experience, or previous birth experience. Esali Birth does not accept reciprocity from any other certifying agency or education. We develop education in a specific format that is continuously updated and require all our educators to follow the same format for certification. This ensures integrity within our organization and continuity between Esali Birth classes. However, we do not require our educators to teach specific time frames, maintain membership, or enroll in continuing education outside of the Esali Birth environment, though these are encouraged. Upon successful completion of the course, educators must sign the Esali Birth Scope of Practice & Code of Conduct and are enabled to use the EBPE credential at the end of their name, signifying their successful completion of EBPE training.
Upon Acceptance into the program, you will receive:
- Access to the EBPE Online Training Course at http://class.esalibirth.com
- Childbirth Education: Practice, Research, & Theory Textbook
- Esali Birth Basic just breathe™ Game & Study Guide (expansion packs are available for purchase at www.esalibirth.com/shop/studytools)
Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive:
Digital certificate of Completion
- Rights to Utilize the EBPE Credential
- Free Listing on Esali Birth’s Specialist Locator
- Esali Birth Course Manual
- Esali Birth recommended files for printable student handouts
- Esali Birth recommended course outlines
- Access to Student Discounts for Online Esali Birth classes
- Esali Birth name badge.
Esali Birth Perinatal Educators are not required to obtain or maintain membership, attend workshops, recertify, or obtain continuing education units to maintain the EBPE credential. Why? Because we don’t believe in making positive perinatal education a money market. We believe that the perinatal period is a very normal event in our lives and choose to offer training to a society that lacks the resources to normal and healthy birth education. Esali Birth offers training in a distance-education environment and an acceptance of the Esali Birth code of conduct, scope of practice, and philosophy. We provide our trained educators with recommended material, but rely on a philosophy of responsibility for our specialists. Your experience and referrals will speak for themselves.
Requirements to Obtain Credential:
- 1 Year to complete the Certification
- Complete the Online Training (Courses, Lectures, & Online Assignments including Reading/Watching & Summarizing 10 Resources)
- Pass the final exam with a minimum 95% passing grade
- 2 Letters of recommendation/evaluations from qualifying individuals which may include a Certified Perinatal or Childbirth Educator, Certified Doula, Midwife, Obstetrician, and Esali Birth Specialist OR 5 Letters of recommendation/evaluations from students you have taught within 1 year (before or after) your enrolment date