$300 Standard Private 10-Session Series
Providing antenatal doula support in the form of information and mentor sharing to reduce birth fear, increase body mobility, and provide choice options is a significant focus of my services. This doula service provides 20 hours of support online and/or at a location of your choice (within 30 minutes of my home) or at one of my standard class locations. This is a complete 10-session Esali Birth class (see below for outline). The online self-paced complete education series is included with this option. Mid-Ohio Valley clients receive access to my lending resource library.
$200- 6 Week Private Series
This option is the same as a standard 10-session series with a few classes removed and a few combined. The online self-paced complete education series is included with this option. Mid-Ohio Valley clients receive access to my lending resource library. See below for outline with topics marked with an *asterisk.
$30/Hour - Mentoring Sessions
Mentoring sessions are scheduled through a web-meeting (skype...etc.) allowing support, mentoring, and education world-wide catered to specific topics you're interested in or basic Q&A. Mentoring sessions are great for pre-conception, prenatal, and postpartum mentoring for a variety of reasons and are catered to you specifically to answer all your questions, alleviate your concerns, and offer educational guidance for options available. Contact me to schedule.
Many insurance companies will reimburse for doula services and you're encouraged to submit a claim. Though I do not submit claims, I do have an NPI number and provide submission information for clients.
10-Session Standard Series
- Intro, History of Birth, Birth Industry Overview
- *Choices – Nutrition, Care Providers, Birth Locations, Health and Wellness
- Pregnancy – Gestation, Physical Changes, Prenatal Routines (including risks of ultrasounds and inaccuracies of tests…etc.)
- *Comfort – Hormonal patterns of labor, Supporting spontaneous labor and avoiding pitocin/induction, How your body naturally allows you to be comfortable in labor
- *Labor - Last Weeks of Pregnancy, Labor Signs, Labor Transformation (Stages), Instincts
- *Birth & the First Hour - Birth, Placenta, Skin to Skin, Importance of Quiet, Calm, & Dark
- Techniques – Relaxation, “Doula 101” & the Labor Bag
- *Variations – Changes in labor, Medicated birth, Cesarean Birth, Unassisted Birth (planned and unplanned), Emergency Birth
- *First Weeks - Postpartum Healing, Breastfeeding, Newborn Care
- *Birth Paths - Family Planning, Priorities, Birth Guides, Review, Q&A
All classes focus on Health AND Happiness and are catered to both Mom AND her birth partner/team. It is ALL about navigating the birth industry, reducing fear, gaining knowledge, and doula 101 - a completely holistic and wholesome format.
Mentoring provides complete perinatal (pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum) education, giving parents the information and resources to obtain the birth they choose with knowledge of how to positively achieve a beautiful and powerful birth experience and includes:
- Perinatal/Childbirth Physical, Nutritional, & Emotional Health
- Natural Labor & Birth Techniques including various methods of Relaxation
- Labor & Childbirth Stages, Signposts, Positive Positions, & Labor Practice
- Perinatal Routine Interventions & Alternative Education
- Birth Preparation (Guide/Plan/Wishes) & Support (Doulas & Birth Team)
- Breastfeeding & Newborn Care
- Medical Benefits, Risks, & Alternatives for Perinatal Choices
- Priorities & Realistic Expectations for the Perinatal Period
- Emergency Childbirth & Assisted Deliveries
- Variations of Normal Birth
- Postpartum & Newborn Care
- Positive Birth Stories & Childbirth Videos
- 10-Week, 3-Day, & Pay-Per-Class Education Options
- Payment Plans & Scholarships
- Online/Virtual Perinatal Seminars & Courses
- Community Involvement, Support, & Educational Workshops
- Lending Library, Handouts, Positive Videos, & Much More!