What are your rights in birth? What choices can you make in any birth setting to support the birth you want? This podcast discusses human rights in childbirth and many questions you may be asking yourself during pregnancy, such as:
- Do I have to be in the wheelchair, or can I walk?
- Am I allowed to eat in labor?
- Am I allowed to drink during labor?
- Am I allowed to wear my own clothes?
- Am I allowed to leave the hospital after I am admitted?
- Am I allowed to go to the hospital if I'm planning a home birth?
- Do I have to be induced?
- Do I have to have IV fluids?
- Do I have to be augmented?
- Can I birth on hands and knees, squatting, or in the water?
- They're telling me I'm going to kill my baby; is this allowed?
- They're making me feel like I'm a bad mother; is that OK?
- Do I have to give my baby supplements?
- Do I have to be induced to have a VBAC?
- Am I allowed to VBAC?
- Am I allowed to have a vaginal breech birth?
- Am I allowed to have a vaginal twin birth?
- Can I VBAC at home?
- What if my hospital has a VBAC ban?
- What if a provider tells me their policy doesn't allow eating or drinking during labor?
This rights in birth podcast explores the concepts behind being healthy during pregnancy and birth to increase your birth choices, choosing a birth location and care provider that supports your desires for birth and right to respectful maternity care, as well as the rights you have to accept or refuse recommendations and routines.
Join the FREE Esali Birth community to access the the Esali Birth Rights in Birth audio and learn how asking permission might not be the best approach to enjoying your labor, and tips on setting yourself up, and using your birth rights, for a Happy Healthy Birth.