Spinning Babies is quickly becoming a household name when it comes to birth support. While many of the techniques aren't new, Spinning Babies Training helps to blend ancient wisdom with modern childbirth knowledge to create a paradigm of maternity care that decreases prenatal discomfort, improves baby's position, and increases natural progression of labor which ultimately assists in avoiding unnecessary interventions due to physical complications of birth.
Spinning Babies Trainer, Lorenza Holt, will be leading a two-day Spinning Babies workshop in Parkersburg,WV
- December 14th and 15th 2019
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day
- Judge Black Annex - Ft. Boreman Meeting Room
- Continental Breakfast + Healthy Lunch included daily
This two-day Spinning Babies training is for professionals who work with birthing families in both the prenatal and intrapartum periods. Specialties include: doulas, midwives, nurses, nurse practitioners, obstetricians, family medicine doctors, childbirth educators, prenatal yoga instructors, chiropractors, acupuncturists, massage therapists, myo-fascia release practitioners, perinatal case managers, and community health workers.
One full scholarship will be provided to an expecting mother that will be at least 24 weeks during the workshop that is interested in having techniques demonstrated on and participants working with this mother. Two more partial scholarships are being offered by the trainer to people of color who will provide labor support services where health inequities are most prevalent. Cost to these participants will be $125 for the two day training. Applications will be considered and approved on a first come-first served basis. Please contact Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Lorenza Holt has a masters in public health with a concentration in maternal and child health. She is a Spinning Babies® Approved Trainer and an approved birth doula trainer with DONA International. Lorenza comes to this workshop with more than 20 years of experience as a hospital-based doula program director, childbirth educator, birth doula, and trainer in a variety of women’s health topics.
Spinning Babies will teach you about:
- The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant uterus and the soft tissues that support the pelvic structures
- The Three Sisters of Balance
- What parents can do in pregnancy to have less discomfort and greater suppleness in their bodies
- For labor, you will explore the effects of an occiput posterior labor, assess what a stalled labor pattern is telling us, what techniques we can apply to ease labor progress through the three levels of the pelvis
- For doulas, we will discuss how within a doula’s scope of practice, you can use the Spinning Babies approach.
- 13 CEUs for ACNM (DONA Accepted)
- WV RN CEU's *may* be available - please contact Danielle at email@example.com for this request
For any questions about this event, scholarships, or providing Massage Tables & Yoga Mats, please contact the host, Danielle Bergum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.