What’s it all for?
All year we're working hard... we may not be gardening and foraging as we once were when people started gathering in large groups for harvest and Thanks-Giving celebrations... but we do have so much to be thankful for...
This year... I'm thankful for...
- The ability to work for my family in multiple ways... in multiple areas
- The energy spent giving to others in some form for healthy pregnancies, births, breastfeeding and families
- The ability to have so much research at my fingertips that I actually have too many choices to make
- The aggravation of being able to complain about the type of education my children might not be able to have... or do have...
- The ability to learn beyond what I was taught as a child
- The immense amounts of green and wild foods that surround my home
- The people that frustrate me... and the ability to see the frustration as a learning tool... and to have the choice to use it as such
- The knowledge that I can choose how I want to live and that so many people struggled before me to create the frustrations I have today... because without these, there would only be a different set of struggles
- The ability to choose to believe in the God I believe in and see his ways in my life and others'
- The humbleness my children have taught me beyond what I could ever have asked for...
Everything... the happiness, the sadness... and most of all those few people that see that in me and wait patiently doing whatever they know how to do to show me they're still here. That's what this week is for... it is being thankful for having struggles and being able to still eat a pie... or a turkey... or a foraged nut... or a bowl of soup... or walk with friends (or alone) to move more... and everything wonderful, and everything that just is.
I'm thankful for those people and resources that found themselves by my side... in my lap... at my keyboard... that helped me through my early parenting struggles - in the middle of the night or on the phone - so that I could help someone else know they can do it too.
So, find someone this week... and tell them how thankful you are that they have been in your life... no matter if all their moments weren't what you wanted - all those moments have been what you needed for now... or maybe years from now... and we can be thankful for them all.
Love to you and yours this Thanksgiving!